A Workshop exploring how the tools and techniques of risk management can be used to improve business continuity management.
Through an understanding of risk and its potential for influencing and impacting business objectives, this interactive workshop will give the BC professional an insight into the advantages and challenges of engaging with risk management.
Find out more about how reliability and maintainability should influence BC thinking, using hazard identification techniques to support Business Impact Analysis, what fault trees and bow ties can offer and how cause and effect analysis can contribute to continual improvement of BCM.
The programme encourages BC professionals to apply risk management techniques to assist in improving business communication, give deeper understanding of business decision making, help recognition of the perceptions of risk and promote the related values and cultural aspects. From identifying sources of risks and risk analysis to evaluation and management of risks, this workshop makes the link between risk and business continuity management.
Duration: 1 day Location: In-house delivery available. Next open course location to be confirmed. Contact us with your requirements.
Contact us for Pricing: Combination packages available according to your needs.
- Risk and risk management overview
- The BC/ risk interface
- Risk tools and techniques
- Human factors and risk
- Reliability of systems
- Risk communication
Who will deliver the training?
This facilitated workshop will be led by Corpress Partner David Evans, who will share his practical and extensive experience of real events and lessons learned, gained from over 25 years advising and supporting clients with their risk management and continuity arrangements.
- Understanding of the tools and techniques of risk management
- How these tools and techniques can be applied to improve BC in practice
- How to embed risk into key aspects BCM
- Communicating the BC perspective of risk management
Who should attend?
- Continuity professionals responsible for implementing, maintaining and testing business continuity plans
- Risk professionals seeking to integrate BCM to improve resilience
- Business Continuity practitioners who wish to engage at a more strategic level
- Emergency and Disaster Management professionals
- I.T and Security Managers with responsibilities for BC
Why Risk for BC Professionals?
Risk management is now a core discipline in organisations, with board level reporting which influences strategy and business operations. From planning to investment, through to response and recovery, risk influences all aspects of the organization; here is a chance to engage with it and apply it in a business continuity context.
How will I benefit?
Following this course you will:
- Understand the key tools and techniques of risk management
- Know how to apply risk management tools to add value to BC
- Appreciate the impact of risk on business objectives and decision making
- Recognise the importance of risk communication and culture
- Improve the quality of BCP
- Participate in your organisation’s development needs relating to risk awareness